Inland Marine Insurance

Property in transit insurance is also known as inland marine insurance, which gets its name from insuring the transportation of goods over water. Over the years, inland marine coverage has expanded to also cover goods in transit on land. The types of coverage vary by carrier but may include:

Does your business need inland marine insurance?

If you or your employees place items or data in your personal or work vehicles for work purposes, you may need property in transit coverage. If your property insurance policy limits or excludes coverage for valuables, you may need property in transit coverage.

Basically, if your business has valuables that cannot be conveniently or reasonably confined to a fixed location or insured at a standard rate, talk to us about property in transit coverage.

Inland marine endorsements, floaters and other additional options

Complement your inland marine coverage with an endorsement, floater or other option, including:

  • Builder’s risk/Builder’s risk broadening endorsement
  • Contractor’s combination policy
  • Contractor’s equipment/Contractor’s equipment broadening endorsement
  • Equipment sales and rental coverage form
  • Installation floaters
  • Inland marine floater transit coverage (added insurance when you ship inventory greater than $2 million in value)
  • Mobile medical equipment coverage
  • Motor truck cargo liability coverage

Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which are controlling. Such terms and availability may vary by state and exclusions may apply. Discounts may not be applied to all policy coverages.