Cyber Liability Insurance
If you are like many, you are more connected today than ever before. From cell phones to digital personal assistants, our homes are wired to the max. Our phones are smart, our TVs are smart—even our appliances are often connected to Wi-Fi. While these connections bring many conveniences, they may also introduce additional cyber threats into your home.
To help protect our customers from the growing number of cyber threats, many companies are offering a new coverages to enhance our Identity Theft coverage. This cyber endorsement helps protect from financial loss caused by an identity fraud or cyber-related event, including:
- Identity Fraud Expense reimburses for expenses incurred as a result of recovering one’s identity.
- Data Recovery and System Restoration coverage reimburses the cost to recover lost data and/or repair your personal devices after a hacking attack.
- Cyber Crime coverage can apply to a variety of criminal activities, such as wire transfer fraud, credit card fraud, and phishing attacks.
- Cyber Extortion coverage reimburses in a situation where an insured may be denied access to a device until a ransom is paid.
- Cyber Bullying coverage provides reimbursement for financial loss caused by online harassment or bullying. This is a first and third-party coverage.
- Data Breach of Others coverage provides reimbursement for necessary costs associated with notification of others in the event a cyber event causes a breach in the personal information of others.
- Legal Expense and Damages Reimbursement applies if someone claims the insured is responsible for the loss of their personal information.
Coverage varies by company. Not all companies offer the same endorsements.